CFONS Caregiving Conference
Veronica Decker DNP, APRN
6:30 pm: Informal Caregivers: Invisible Partners in Caring for Our Cancer Patients:
At the end of the presentation, the learner will be able to:
- Define and differentiate between formal and informal caregivers.
- Categorize three main ways in which informal caregivers are impacted in their roles of caring for loved ones with cancer.
- Understand a framework detailing the expected paths by which caregiver interventions affect caregiver activities and in turn, impact key caregiver and care recipient outcomes.
- Personalize a sheet of resource3s to provide to caregivers.
Ella-Mae Shupe MS, RN, OCN
7:00 pm: Nurses as Caregivers: Avoiding Compassion Fatigue
At the end of the presentation the participant will be able to:
- Differentiate the difference between burnout and compassion fatigue and why it is more prevalent in the oncology setting.
- Identify three ways to avoid compassion fatigue in their own practice.
- Recognize if they experience any signs of secondary traumatic stress.
- Paredict what factors lead to compassion fatigue in the oncology setting.
Valerie Kelley MA
7:30 pm Using Healing Arts to Positively Impact Caregiving
At the end of the Presentation the participant will be able to:
- List the goals of arts in medicine for tertiary systems.
- Identify how Stress and Fatigue negatively impact patients.
- Discuss how the arts helps with Disengaging Stress/Fatigue.
- Participants will be able to identify research trends investigating the impact of art engagement.
Event doors open at 5:00 pm. Please join us for a light dinner as you interact with our pharm representatives. AdventHealth is committed to making its activities accessible to all individuals. If you have a disability, please submit a description of your needs, along with your registration, to assure that you will be able to participate in this activity.
Target Audience: Oncology Nurses, APRNs, Rad Techs, Nurses